Open floor plans have been very popular over these past decade. Is this about to change? Many architects are stating that the trend may change soon that home buyers may require more walls.
Mobile technology is creating a desire for more privacy. “Fragmented” spaces may be more popular for individuals who work from home, need to have a quite space, or purely enjoy their privacy. Open spaces lack privacy and deter from focus. Studies and television rooms may see a comeback verses a great room. Split-level floor plans may be used more often to help divide open spaces without closing them off entirely.
It always depends on what you and your family are looking for in a home, but walls may be coming back. Everything is cyclical.
What do you think about walls? Let us know @homesbybillnkat on Twitter or on our Facebook page!
Every year, millions of Americans make a commitment to workout more, eat better, drink less alcohol, more water.. the works. Unfortunately, the truth is that just a week later, 25% have dropped off and six months later, 50% more will. Don't be discouraged, don't give up on resolutions completely.
Life is about not setting yourself up for failure. Let's try something new in 2016 and set some new resolutions that can hold up throughout the year. Try these on for size:
1. Be a better time manager- Less stress, more free time, and better productivity. As we all know, time is invaluable and should be spent wisely. Get yourself an agenda, make a spreadsheet for your expenses, to-do lists, and track your events in a calendar (electronic or paper). Small steps at a time and you'll be saving minutes before you know it.
2. Manage your money wisely- When our pockets are a little more padded, it helps. Money does not buy happiness, but it can help comfort you! Eliminate all unnecessary expenses, set bill payment reminders or auto pay accounts. Give yourself piece of mind and even try to set aside a little something each week. It'll add up!
3. Go back to school- Finish that degree you always said you would or get a new certificate in your profession. It will help set a concert goal and give you a sense of accomplishment and empowerment when complete.
4. Make an effort with co-workers- Try to socialize a little more while staying productive. You don't have to go to happy hour together but it could help! Creating a small relationship could relieve work stress and create a greater work environment.
5. Being more mindful- Those errands won't run themselves, but get off the hamster wheel once in a while. Try to relax and be okay with unexpected changes or hiccups in your day. It will help ease your mind.
6. Be a better listener- Take the time to be quiet. Think before you speak and listen to your friend, co-worker, partner. It can mean all the difference.
7. Volunteer- Give your time to impact someone else's life. Volunteering has so many benefits, but the best one is that you can truly impact someone's life by doing something as simple as serving food at a local kitchen, organize a fundraising event, donate professional services, etc. Maybe you'll meet a friend or two along the way!
Some other ideas include, getting more sleep, try new foods, reconnect with estranged friends or family. Regardless, set yourself an attainable goal and good luck!
The Official Blog of Homes By Bill and Katie
Stay tuned for the latest in the Naples area and Real Estate tips/tricks!