Life is about not setting yourself up for failure. Let's try something new in 2016 and set some new resolutions that can hold up throughout the year. Try these on for size:
1. Be a better time manager- Less stress, more free time, and better productivity. As we all know, time is invaluable and should be spent wisely. Get yourself an agenda, make a spreadsheet for your expenses, to-do lists, and track your events in a calendar (electronic or paper). Small steps at a time and you'll be saving minutes before you know it.
2. Manage your money wisely- When our pockets are a little more padded, it helps. Money does not buy happiness, but it can help comfort you! Eliminate all unnecessary expenses, set bill payment reminders or auto pay accounts. Give yourself piece of mind and even try to set aside a little something each week. It'll add up!
3. Go back to school- Finish that degree you always said you would or get a new certificate in your profession. It will help set a concert goal and give you a sense of accomplishment and empowerment when complete.
4. Make an effort with co-workers- Try to socialize a little more while staying productive. You don't have to go to happy hour together but it could help! Creating a small relationship could relieve work stress and create a greater work environment.
5. Being more mindful- Those errands won't run themselves, but get off the hamster wheel once in a while. Try to relax and be okay with unexpected changes or hiccups in your day. It will help ease your mind.
6. Be a better listener- Take the time to be quiet. Think before you speak and listen to your friend, co-worker, partner. It can mean all the difference.
7. Volunteer- Give your time to impact someone else's life. Volunteering has so many benefits, but the best one is that you can truly impact someone's life by doing something as simple as serving food at a local kitchen, organize a fundraising event, donate professional services, etc. Maybe you'll meet a friend or two along the way!
Some other ideas include, getting more sleep, try new foods, reconnect with estranged friends or family. Regardless, set yourself an attainable goal and good luck!