Living in Naples, you are often asked: "Is Naples safe?", "What's summer like?", and "What's there to do in Naples?" Obviously, we like living in Naples! That's why we're here, but some are here for different reasons. Whether it be for a 2nd home, retirement, or main residence, Naples has 10, if not more good reasons to stay.
10. Beaches – We often make the top 10 beaches lists around the globe. There are almost 20 miles of beaches alone in Naples.
9. Safety & Low Crime – Naples is a safe city compared to the rest of Florida and the Nation. Naples' crime rate is below the State average and when it comes to violent crimes, we're more than 50% below the State average. The overall crime rate is almost 50% lower than the National average.
8. Architecture & Greenery – Naples offers great, unobstructed views of the beach and Gulf of Mexico. Homes in Old Naples are not surrounded by tall, overbearing buildings that block the sun and skyline. The local government has strong restrictions on signs, billboards and building height in the city of Naples. We also have some great trees that you will see overhang in downtown Naples.
7. Dining – When it comes to dining, in my opinion ,we are the best! Many varieties and cultures to choose from. The quality is also very good and you will find something at every price-point.
6. Pristine – The word, pristine, comes up often when explaining Naples to an outsider. In another word, clean. It best describes the litter-less streets, low crime, small signs, clean beaches, expertly shaped landscaping and conscious efforts of residents to keep it that way. Neapolitans respect their piece of paradise and work hard to ensure its beauty.
5. Boating, Fishing, Golf – Naples has many outdoor activities at your doorstep. Fishing and golf are not hobbies here, they are lifestyles. Naples has some of the best waterfronts in the world. You can catch your own fish and have it for dinner that night! That's the life.
We're a top golfing destination with over 70 courses to choose from. Visit our Communities Tab to see our featured golf communities.
4. Sunsets – The sunsets are more and more beautiful with each evening spent in Naples. You'll find hundreds of people -local and tourists, at the beach between 6 and 8.
3. Weather - Our weather never eraches over 100 degrees and average about 77 degrees. It's true, it's summer all year 'round!
2. Downtown Old Naples – Olde Naples is the heart of the city. Visit our premium boutiques and shoppes, to finish your evening with a walk on the beach. Believe it or not, Naples used to be a small and quaint fishing town.
1. The People – The Naples population comes from all over! Mid-westerners, New Yorkers, Canadians, Europeans and everything between. Everyone here has one thing in common and that is that they LOVE Naples!
The Official Blog of Homes By Bill and Katie
Stay tuned for the latest in the Naples area and Real Estate tips/tricks!